Wedding MC Services
DJ Jan was great, really happy with his willingness to listen to me, look at the prescribed list and then be flexible throughout the night. Top effort and I’d recommend because he was open and a good guy.
Jan was awesome. Was a pleasure to deal with, played great tunes and kept the dance floor cranking. Definitely made the wedding something special for us. Couldn’t ask or hope for anything more he really was just brilliant! Mudbrick was very impressed too.
Absolutely awesome. From beautiful ceremony music to getting the entire wedding party dancing (ages 14-80 on the dance floor all night!!), I could not have asked for a better DJ – and had so many guests comment about how great you were. Would not hesitate to book again for any future events, thanks for making our special day so perfect!!
Jan is an incredible DJ, a real master of his craft. He had the dance floor going off at our wedding! We’ve had so many comments from guests about how awesome the music was! We found Jan incredibly professional and responsive, he had no issue in understanding what we were after for our special day and went above and beyond in the lead-up and on the night! Would recommend in a heart beat, thanks again Jan!
We were lucky enough to have Jan DJ our wedding. He played an incredible variety of music which was exactly what we asked for and at no time were there less than 60 people dancing! I would recommend him for absolutely any event as he was super approachable, friendly and went the extra mile for us. I would also recommend the snapstand. The pictures are really clear and our guests had a blast with it!
WEDDING MC SERVICES
Being an MC isn’t for everyone. It requires a certain level of confidence, people skills, witty humour, and of course organisation. Choosing a good MC for your Wedding can have a huge impact on the day. An MC keeps things running on schedule, makes sure all your guests know what’s going on, and even brightening the mood with a touch of humour. It can be great to ask a close friend or family member to take on this role if they are a confident public speaker, and have a good sense of humour. However, this means they are not able to fully enjoy the event, or the bar tab, as much as they would of hoped to as being the MC is an important job that required a fair bit of running around and making sure everything is running as it should – this is where we step in!
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF AN MC
Our MCs take care of a lot more than you might think. We have put together a small list of the items our MCs assist with on your Wedding day:
- Welcoming guests to the Ceremony and guiding immediately family to their seats (usually front row)
- First announcement and introduction after ceremony completion to let guests know what activity’s are planned for the afternoon whilst bridal party departs for photos
- Advising guests where to find nibbles, bubbles, rest rooms and smokers areas after ceremony completion
- Helping the Photographer to organise the group photos. This can help prevent delays as guests often go wandering to the bar, restrooms or other areas at your venue after the ceremony concludes.
- On request, we have a great game we love playing with the guests while the couple is away for bridal photos which gets guests interacting with each other. It is a great way to break the ice, and allow everyone to get to know each other a little better.
- Inviting guests to find their seats at the reception when bridal party is about to arrive back for their Grand Entrance.
- Introducing the bridal party, and newly married couple for the first time as they enter the reception.
- Running through house keeping, schedule for the evening, and making any important announcements during the reception opening speech.
- Introducing guests giving formal speeches. We like to do our research on those giving speeches, and introducing them with a fun fact or short story to keep things entertaining for seated guests, and often allowing everyone to have a little laugh.
- Inviting guests to serve their dinner & dessert if you have chosen to have a buffet.
- Playing some fun games with the couple after. One of the more popular games chosen by couples is the shoe game. This is where couple sit back to back, with a shoe of their own in one hand, and a shoe belonging to their new husband/wife in the other. A series of questions are then asked, requiring the couple to raise the shoe of the person in the relationship most relevant to the question asked. This can be hilarious when couples are asked questions like “who is most likely to max out their credit card” or “who spends the most time looking in the mirror”
- Announcing the Cutting of the Cake & of course the first dance!
You can view a short snippet of our Premium DJ Jan in action as the MC’s for Sara & Dylans Wedding at Ascension Winery early 2018 below.